Clinica Amistad offers a wonderful opportunity to serve others with a dedicated group of people who have sustained this unique effort in Tucson since 2003. It is a small organization where each volunteer has a chance to make a difference in the quality of care provided to some of the more vulnerable members of our community.
The clinic particularly needs:
- Licensed Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Mental Health Counselors
- Physical Therapists
- Massage and Energy Practitioners
Clinica Amistad regularly seeks volunteers who can assist with grant writing and fundraising in addition to bilingual (Spanish) volunteers who serve as interpreters for providers and/or assist with patient education.
On a typical night, volunteers include:
- One to five health care practitioners (Medical Doctor, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner)
- Nurses, and other volunteer staff to assist with vitals
- A triage counselor
- An acupuncturist twice a month
- A Massage and Energy Therapist once a month
- A health educator once a month
- Four to five volunteer front desk and record workers
- One to Five interpreters and helpers
All volunteers are strongly encouraged to have a yearly tuberculosis skin test, or a chest X-ray every five years. All practitioners must have active Arizona licenses.
If you are interested in being a volunteer provider (Licensed Physician, Physician Assistants, etc.) please contact Barbara Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in being a staff volunteer (Vitals, Records worker, etc.) please send Juanita Trejo your resume and application at email@example.com